Flowcabulary Week in Review:
Listen to the week in Rap on Flowcabulary!
Search for news article using google news of your choice read the article on Monday
We will ask the 5 questions of a news article plus, one H.O.T. question you will make up right here on the blog . What is a HOT Question.
A Higher Order Thinking Question. These are not memory questions these questions go deeper . They ask you to anaylze, estimate, understand, solve, understand motives, uderstand the relationship between 2 things, give opinion, conclude, ect..
Here are some resources we can review to get a better understanding of HOT questions
Truthfully this is not a kid friendly resource so our goal is to eventually simplify this chart so we can use it to create HOT questions all the time.
Here are some links where you can read articles about the week
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.6-8.1b Support claim(s) with logical reasoning and relevant, accurate data and evidence that demonstrate an understanding of the topic or text, using credible sources.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.6.1 Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.6.2 Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.6.3 Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text (e.g., through examples or anecdotes).
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.6.1c Pose and respond to specific questions with elaboration and detail by making comments that contribute to the topic, text, or issue under discussi