Tales from a fourth Grade nothing Summary of chapters 1-3
Chapter Summary Thus far:
The Big Winner
- Peter Hatcher is the narrator of the story. He is 9 years old and in the 4th grade.
- Peter wins a turtle at Jimmy Fargo’s birthday party by guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar. Everyone else got goldfish. He names his pet turtle Dribble.
- Peter lives in an apartment in New York City.
- Peter’s mom was not excited about him having a turtle as a pet. She thinks they smell.
- Peter’s father is in the advertising business. He wrote a commercial for the Juicy-O Company and the family got a whole crate of Juicy-O from the president of the company.
- Peter’s biggest problem is his two-and-a-half year old brother. His name is Farley Drexel Hatcher, but he goes by the name of Fudge.
- Fudge is always a pest to Peter. The only time Peter likes him is when Fudge is sleeping.
- Peter warns Fudge that Dribble is his turtle and he is not to ever touch Dribble.
Mr. and Mrs. Juicy-O
- Peter’s dad comes home from work and tells their family that Mr. and Mrs. Yarby are going to stay with them
- Everybody wants them to stay at a hotel but their dad thought they would be more comfortable.
- Fudge ate two of his mom’s flowers.
- Mr and Mrs. Yarby arrive.
- Mrs. Yarby gives Peter a picture dictionary and she gives Fudge a train.
- Fudge brings in Peter’s old picture dictionary.
- During dinner Fudge brings out dribble.
- Fudge comes out with a gorilla mask on during dessert.
- Fudge puts stamps on the Yarby’s suitcase.
- In the morning the Yarby’s leave and Peter’s dad loses his Juicy-o account.
|The Family Dog
- Peter’s dad got fired from the Juicy-O company
- Peter learns to stand on his head
- Fudge stopped eating
- Peter’s mom worries about fudge not eating
- Peter stands on his head and Fudge eats
- Fudge starts acting like a dog at dinner,he eats under the table and says WOOF
- Dad got mad at Fudge for not eating
- Dad put Fudge in the bath tub and said ” Eat it or Wear it” and dumped the cereal on Fudge
- Now Fudge’s favorite saying is ” Eat it or Wear it”