L.T. I can Determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details; summarize the text:
Read the Piece on Ruby Bridges. Blog a piece that identifies the Main idea of chapter 1.
Learning Target: I can define what an algorithm is>
TODAY WE ARE CODING MS. BRASSFIELDS CLASS:
HERE IS THE LINK TO ANGRY BIRDS:
Learning Targets: I can define what a Pilgrim/Separatist was and can give specific details about why they chose to come to the New world.
Review Vocabulary before we begin taking our Virtual tour of the Mayflower Voyage.
- Mayflower: a small wooden ship that carried the Separatists from England to the New World.
- North America, A Continent (one of the seven continents ) in the West of Europe, North of South America
- Atlantic Ocean the ocean (a large body of water) between Europe and North America.
- New World, after Columbus voyage to the Americas, Europeans called North and South America the New World.
- Religion a strong belief in god or powers that control life.
- Freedom the state of being free, you can do what you want within the bounds of reason.
- Persecution causing someone to suffer
- England the country in Europe that the Separatists came from .
- Separatists we know them as the Pilgrims, a group of people who left England They wanted to be Separate from King James’ Church of England.
- Colonists a person who settles in a new colony or moves into new country
WRITE TWO PARAGRAPHS TELLING WHAT YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR IN YOUR LIFE.
FAMILY, HEALTH HOME, TOYS TEACHERS , BROTHERS SISTERS.
USE DETAILS IN YOUR WRITING. THERE ARE CASHS PRIZES.
Watch the Brainpop movie on the Armed Forces:
Keep in mind the questions below.
Answer the following questions in a paragraph.
What are the 5 Branches of the Military?
What jobs do the Armed Forces do?
Why are they Important?
A Veteran is someone who is soldier.
Tell why you think we celebrate Veteran’s Day.
I can evaluate the information presented to come up with a cause and solution.
We researched and watched a 60 Minute Piece about the problem of homelessness in veterans? We learned that 1 in 3 homeless people served the country. Based on the Information why are so many veterans having a problem with homelessness?
Blog a piece that tells why you think so many veterans are homeless. Then come up with a way that we might be able to solve this problem.
Learning Target: I can identify what a Veteran is and what each branch of the military does in a short paragraph:
What is Veteran’s Day?
Name the 5 branches of the Armed Forces?
Tell what each Branch does? What domain they work on mainly … Air Sea or Land.