The Mayflower Voyage
Learning Targets: I can define what a Pilgrim/Separatist was and can give specific details about why they chose to come to the New world.
Review Vocabulary before we begin taking our Virtual tour of the Mayflower Voyage.
- Mayflower: a small wooden ship that carried the Separatists from England to the New World.
- North America, A Continent (one of the seven continents ) in the West of Europe, North of South America
- Atlantic Ocean the ocean (a large body of water) between Europe and North America.
- New World, after Columbus voyage to the Americas, Europeans called North and South America the New World.
- Religion a strong belief in god or powers that control life.
- Freedom the state of being free, you can do what you want within the bounds of reason.
- Persecution causing someone to suffer
- England the country in Europe that the Separatists came from .
- Separatists we know them as the Pilgrims, a group of people who left England They wanted to be Separate from King James’ Church of England.
- Colonists a person who settles in a new colony or moves into new country