Sequence is important in code. Sequence is also called Order of Events.
This refers to the order in which you write the code. Order of events is important in code. If you change the order of events then you change the code. Think about in Scratchjr if you are writing a code for a Sprite to change color and grow bigger. The order you write it in is important. If you tell the sprite to grow bigger first then that is the first thing that will happen if you write code for it to change color then that order in which thing will happen.
Algorithms are a set of logical steps in a certain order to complete a task.
If you change the order you change the outcome.Sometimes if you change the order the program will not run at all.
- Sequence: Also known as the order of events, commands that are executed by a computer exactly as they are written. The sequence must be in the correct order for the program to run properly.
- Flow Control Structures: The programmer’s means of influencing a computer program’s decision-making process and movements. There are three flow control structures in programming: sequence, conditions, and loops.
- Command: A specific instruction given to a computer in written code from a programmer.
- Code: The language written by humans to communicate with computers to complete a process; programming language that gives instructions to a computer.
- Computer: A device for storing and processing information, responds to instructions in programming language that is written by humans.
- Computer Science: The study of computers.
- Internet: An electronic communications network that connects computer networks around the world.
- Program: A sequence of instructions written in a code that a computer can interpret and execute.
- Programmer: A person who writes code and communicates instructions to a computer.
- Robot: A device that sometimes resembles a human and can be programmed to carry out complex tasks.
- Algorithm: A sequence of logical instructions or steps needed to finish a task. Can be performed with or without a computer.
- Pseudocode: An informal method of writing an algorithm for a computer program using English and not code. Used for planning and is intended for humans to read it, not computers.
- Syntax: The spelling and grammar of a programming language.
- Bugs: Errors, or mistakes, in the syntax of a programming language.
- Debugging: The process of finding and fixing errors (bugs) in the syntax so the computer program will run properly.
- Technology: The use of science to solve problems and invent. A machine, piece of equipment, idea, or method that is carried out by human communicating with machines.