Put the cat in the top left hand corner
Get the Flag button
Using directionals and numbers answer the questions.
Answer the following questions
1.How many steps using the number pad does it take for the scratch cat to make it across the stage?
2.How many steps does it take for the scratch cat starting from the top of the stage to reach the bottom.
3.How many steps does it take the cat starting in the top left hand corner to reach the surf board? How many steps across….. and how many steps down?
Learning Target: Students will identify the dimensions of the Scratch jr. stage and how to utilize numbers in projects.
- Programmer: A person that writes the code (language) that tells the computer what to do.
- Code: The language that programmers use and create to tell computers what to do.
- Sequence: Sequence is one of three basic flow control structures in programming, and is the very first concept a student must understand when learning to code. Also known as order of events, a computer will execute commands exactly in the order or sequence they are written. As a programmer, it is important to make sure that the commands given to a computer are in the right sequence, otherwise, a program might not run as expected.
- What is a programmer?
- What is an example of a program?
- How do computers or computer programs work?
- What happens if we give the computer directions in the wrong order?
- Who is smarter, computers or people?