LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT THE GOOGLE DOODLE AGAIN
TAKE A LOOK AT THE MOVIES AND CHOOSE ONE OR MORE OF THESE CODES TO APPLY TO THE GOOGLE DOODLE.
So far for our come code with me day we have reviewed and planned 3 stations.
Makey Makey set up as vote for your favorite fruit station
Wire Makey Makey and the basics of circuits with parents.
TELL THEM WE LEARNED ABOUT CIRCUITS,
1 CIRCUIT NEED A POWER SOURCE THAT CREATES AN ……..
2 …..ELECTRON FLOW,
3. TEH ELECTRON NEED …….
4. A PATH INTO THE LOAD
5. THE LOAD THEN NEEDS A PATH FOR THE ELECTRONS TO FLOW BACK INTO THE POWER SOURCE.
MAKEY MAKEY TAKES THE CIRCUIT OUTSIDE THE COMPUTER AND MAKES YOU AND A CONDUCTIVE ITEM PART OF THE CIRCUIT. YOU CAN CONTROL THE COMPUTER BY TOUCHING THE CONDUCTIVE ITEM. TWO SUBSTANCES ARE CONDUCTIVE METALS AND WATER . THE REAON YOU CAN BECOME PART OF THE CIRCUIT IS YOU ARE MADE OF 98 PERCENT WATER. HAVE THE PARENT SETUP THE MAKEY MAKEY USING THE HAND OVER HAND METHOD.
OZOBOTS;: HERE WE WILL SHOW WHAT THESE OPTICAL ROBOTS CAN DO
DRAW YOUR NAME ON THE IPAD. DRAW YOUR NAME ON PAPER MAKE A TRACK ON THE IPAD
OZOBLOCKLY CODE AND CONTROL THESE MINI ROBOTS WITH AN IOS DEVICE. HAVE VISITORS WRITE THE CODE IN OZOBLOCKLY WRITE A CODE AND SEND IT TO THE DEVICE AN RUN THE CODE AND CONTROL THE ROBOT.
CREATE AND MODIFY THE GOOGLE DOODLE USING SCRATCH. Introduce parents to the world of scratch. Block Code to create anything you want. Take the through the Google Doodle.
We will choose our final station when we get back from break
- Sequence refers to order, as in 1st, 2nd, third etc. Think of the order of PbJ
- Another phrase for sequence is Order of event.
- If you change the order a code is written the code may not work and or you will come out with a different outcome
- An algorithm is a set of steps to complete a task
- An algorithm does not have to involve computer code. 1+1=2 is an algorithm
- Code is written left to right
- If you change the order a code is written in you may change the outcome or you code may fail (not run)
- Flow Control Structures is how the programmer makes the computer do things.
- What is a loop
- a line of repeated code written again and again
- What is a conditional ? an If and then Statement.
Ozobots are small robots that can be controlled using visual line coding. The Ozobots have an opticals sensor on the bottom and can follow lines. It also can be coded on an Ipad surface using the Ozobot app.
Finally it can be coded using an online coding platform called Ozoblockly. Take a look at it here. https://ozoblockly.com/.
Lets take a look these way to use Ozobots. Lets see which things we would like to present to parents.
WE ARE WORKING ON LIGHT BOT CODING APP. THE THING THAT I LOVE ABOUT THE LIGHTBOT APP IS IT REALLY EXERCISES STUDENTS DEBUGGING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING SKILLS.
THE OTHER THING IS IT CLEARLY GIVES A WORK OUT IN THE THREE FLOW CONTROL STRUCTURES OF CODING
SEQUENCE REFERS TO THE ORDER IN WHICH WE DO THINGS. IF A CODE IS NOT IN THE RIGHT ORDER THE ALGORITHM WILL NOT RUN OR AT LEAST GIVE THE DESIRED OUTCOME
LOOPS ARE SHORTENED CODES THAT CAN BE REPEATED BY WRITING A MUCH SHORTER CODE THE ORIGINAL CODE WRITTEN AGAIN AND AGAIN.
CONDITONALS. ARE ” IF AND THEN” STATEMENTS. THEY ARE CAUSAL IF I DO THIS THEN THAT HAPPENS.
WE ARE WORKING ON SEQUENCE AND SOME WILL BEGIN LOOPS TODAY IN THIS APP