Announcing our Thanksgiving writing contest.
- Entries may include, short stories about the first Thanksgiving, present day thanksgiving, or essays on what you are thankful for in your own life, and topic related poems.
- There will be 6 prizes given out for the best written pieces. First prize is $10 dollar gift certificate card from Toys-R-Us. There will be 5 runner up prizes consisting of $5 dollar gift certificates cards from Toys-R-Us.
- Stories can be fiction or non-fiction.
- Submit to Ms.Broderick no later than November 20th contest Entries will be blogged here by number and voted on
- Contest will be voted on by students, staff and teachers.
- Deadline is November 20th . Good luck!
Teachers Click on the Picture to download NWREL 6+1 Trait Writing Scoring Guide to. Use as a guide with students to gauge when a piece is ready for Submission.
Dashay Scott with Story # 1 A Very Special Christmas in New Brighton.”
Prince with Story # 4 ” Santa and the Motorcycle Gang”
Tony Olivio with Story 6 “A trip to Rockefeller Center”
Melvin Tamba with ” How-weird the Reindeer”
Khalil Thorton ( who submitted 3 entries with ” Lucas the Snowman ”
Malikhai Horne with # 19 “Sad Christmas in Baltimore”
Now that we have Melvin Tamba story contest up, Ms. Devito’s class decided to post their own story contest. Write a Holiday story including some or all of these holiday words. The story can be funny, sad or serious. Poems are welcome
- Merry Christmas
- Happy Holiday
- Happy Chanukah
- Santa helpers
- Gingerbread man
- Mrs. Santa
- Hot chocolate
- Santa Claus
- scarf and gloves
- Christmas lights
- Christmas stockings
- Christmas Carols
All stories should be handed in by December 14th to Ms. Broderick or can be blogged here. Voting will begin December 15th.
For this months holiday Writing contest, we are taking suggestions from Students, Melvin Tamba from Ms. Paynes class submitted this one