You are a reporter who has been sent to Cuba to conduct research for an article on how they celebrate Christmas. You will work with a partner to compare and contrast the facts that you have gathered and to write an article about how Christmas is celebrated in Cuba.
At the end of your journey you will discover how Cubans traditionally celebrate this special holiday.
Process: use These Websites to answer the following questions:
Background: For many years Christmas celebrations were frowned upon and in 1969 the Cuban government imposed an outright ban on this cherished holiday.
1. When did they start Celebrating Christmas in Cuba, after it had been banned by Fidel Castro?
2. What does Noche Buena mean? What Date does it take place?
3. Name 4 foods that are traditional to the Cuban Christmas dinner?
4. What are some traditional desserts in Cuba served at Christmas?
5. What is Los Reyas Magos? Describe this traditon.
6.When date do Cubans receive Christmas Gifts?
7.Describe the Cuban Christmas Tree and traditional decorations?
8.Discuss how Cubans celebrate New Years Eve.
9.When did Cuba become a Christian country?
10. What does La Misa De Gallo refer to? What is the English Translation of this word?
After you answer these questions use this information to write your Report on Christmas in Cuba for the Newspaper!